JBNHS FIELD TRIPS ARE BACK!!!
All participants should be aware of existing guidelines and new field trip protocol listed below:
(Scheduled field trips are listed below the guidelines)
Participant responsibility agreement while attending a JBNHS field trip or outing. Please note that there will be no physical sign-in sheet until further notice. By registering, each participant acknowledges both his/her understanding and acceptance of the Individual’s Responsibilities stated below.
Individual’s Responsibilities are:
1. To stay with the group, follow trip leader’s requests, and do not separate unless you notify trip leader
2. To understand that out-of-doors activities involve hazards and that one participates at one’s own risk
3. To wear with clothing and footwear appropriate to the terrain, and for sun and insect challenges as well
4. To adhere to the ABA Birding Code of Ethics, respect and preserve the flora, fauna, and properties we visit
5. To be mindful and courteous to other participants
Additionally, we will ask that all participants:
1. Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth
2. Socially distance – 6 feet or more apart
3. Do not share optics or other equipment
4. Expect to utilize your own mode of transportation to starting point and for any location change during outing
5. Understand that participation will be limited to ten pre-registered individuals
Events for January 4, 2020
Events Search and Views Navigation
The NYMS (Minnewaska/Shawangunk) Christmas Bird Count takes it’s second voyage and is sure to be exciting with lots of our favorite winter birding spots within the circle. Contact Nick Martin (255-0752 or Nicholas.Martin@parks.ny.gov ) for assignment no later than Saturday, December 28th. Be prepared for a full day out of doors. Reports from feeder watchers …Find out more »
The field trips of JBNHS are oriented to nature study. They are free and open to the public. We do, however, sometimes visit sites that charge admission fees, which are the responsibility of the participants. Children are very welcome on field trips, but pets are not. Although there is a brief courtesy waiting period for latecomers, the meeting times are important: please arrive in time to sign up with the leader.