The field trips of JBNHS are oriented to nature study. They are free and open to the public. We do, however, sometimes visit sites that charge admission fees, which are the responsibility of the participants. Children are very welcome on field trips, but pets are not. Although there is a brief courtesy waiting period for latecomers, the meeting times are important: please arrive in time to sign up with the leader.
JBNHS FIELD TRIPS ARE BACK!!!
All participants should be aware of existing guidelines and new field trip protocol listed below:
(Scheduled field trips are listed below the guidelines)
Participant responsibility agreement while attending a JBNHS field trip or outing. Please note that there will be no physical sign-in sheet until further notice. By registering, each participant acknowledges both his/her understanding and acceptance of the Individual’s Responsibilities stated below.
Individual’s Responsibilities are:
1. To stay with the group, follow trip leader’s requests, and do not separate unless you notify trip leader
2. To understand that out-of-doors activities involve hazards and that one participates at one’s own risk
3. To wear with clothing and footwear appropriate to the terrain, and for sun and insect challenges as well
4. To adhere to the ABA Birding Code of Ethics, respect and preserve the flora, fauna, and properties we visit
5. To be mindful and courteous to other participants
Additionally, we will ask that all participants:
1. Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth
2. Socially distance – 6 feet or more apart
3. Do not share optics or other equipment
4. Expect to utilize your own mode of transportation to starting point and for any location change during outing
5. Understand that participation will be limited to ten pre-registered individuals