PRE-REGISTER with the Hudson Valley Farm Hub’s Applied Farmscape Ecology Program Manager Anne Bloomfield (email@example.com ) for field trip meeting details. This is a rare opportunity to enjoy the wonderful …
PRE-REGISTER with Peter Schoenberger (firstname.lastname@example.org or 914 466-2707) for field trip meeting details. Targets for this trip are sparrows and their allies but if something intriguing avian-wise surfaces beforehand destination/habitat …
While this walk will include some conventional practice of field identification and a little time for socializing, it will focus on the direct experience of our bodies and senses underneath …
PRE-REGISTER with Mark DeDea (email@example.com ) and find out meeting location. Fulfill your civic duty and join JBNHSers at the “old IBM Rec Center”. This Scenic Hudson property might sound …
The field trips of JBNHS are oriented to nature study. They are free and open to the public. We do, however, sometimes visit sites that charge admission fees, which are the responsibility of the participants. Children are very welcome on field trips, but pets are not. Although there is a brief courtesy waiting period for latecomers, the meeting times are important: please arrive in time to sign up with the leader.
JBNHS FIELD TRIPS ARE BACK!!!
All participants should be aware of existing guidelines and new field trip protocol listed below:
(Scheduled field trips are listed below the guidelines)
Participant responsibility agreement while attending a JBNHS field trip or outing. Please note that there will be no physical sign-in sheet until further notice. By registering, each participant acknowledges both his/her understanding and acceptance of the Individual’s Responsibilities stated below.
Individual’s Responsibilities are:
1. To stay with the group, follow trip leader’s requests, and do not separate unless you notify trip leader
2. To understand that out-of-doors activities involve hazards and that one participates at one’s own risk
3. To wear with clothing and footwear appropriate to the terrain, and for sun and insect challenges as well
4. To adhere to the ABA Birding Code of Ethics, respect and preserve the flora, fauna, and properties we visit
5. To be mindful and courteous to other participants
Additionally, we will ask that all participants:
1. Fully vaccinated participants are not required to wear a mask for JBNHS field trips
2. Unvaccinated participants are required to wear a mask and when unable to do so, must social distance.
3. Optics may be shared if those involved are comfortable with doing so
4. Carpooling is at the discretion of participants.
5. Preregistration is required for all field trips and participation may be limited.
These guidelines are subject to change if the COVID-19 mutations make more restrictions necessary.