- This event has passed.
AUTUMN MINDFULLNESS WALK AT THE KINGSTON LINEAR TRAIL
October 8, 2022 @ 4:00 am - 6:00 am
This walk is part of the O+ Festival.
Greenline, Kingston Plaza terminus of the Midtown Linear Park
While this walk will include some conventional practice of field identification and a little time for socializing, it will focus on the direct experience of our bodies and senses underneath the labels and comparisons. Leader will offer
suggestions for practices to direct the attention in a particular way. This may include short periods in which we’ll refrain from or minimize speaking. Please contact leader Matt Corsaro via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register
or ask questions. Group size will be limited to eight.
The 12th annual O+ Festival Kingston — a celebration of art, music and wellness — with headliners Mercury Rev andKimbra plus over 40 musical acts representing a wide cross-section of styles and genres. Dozens of artists, ranging from film, to dance, sculpture, projection, murals and performance art will showcase their work throughout the city of Kingston. The festival will feature cycling events, our beloved Literary SalO+n, late night comedy and an array of public wellness workshops throughout the weekend ranging from yoga to financial literacy for creatives, sound healing and more. And, of course, all of the participating artists and musicians, receive health and wellness care in the O+ Clinic, throughout the festival weekend in exchange for their work. This exchange of the art of medicine for the medicine of art is at the heart of our mission.
To participate please purchase an O+ Festival wristband . The wristband will get you full access to all events for the entire weekend. The suggested donation for a wristband is $60, $30 for students and free for children under 12. Follow this link to purchase online. PAY WHAT YOU CAN WRISTBANDS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE AS WALK-UP THROUGHOUT FESTIVAL WEEKEND AT HO+ME BASE (the park at the intersection of Wall St. and North Front St. in Uptown Kingston) & ALL VENUES.
DOWNLOAD THE REFRIGERATOR READY FIELD TRIP LIST FOR 2023
The field trips of JBNHS are oriented to nature study. They are free and open to the public. We do, however, sometimes visit sites that charge admission fees, which are the responsibility of the participants. Children are very welcome on field trips, but pets are not. Although there is a brief courtesy waiting period for latecomers, the meeting times are important: please arrive in time to sign up with the leader.
JBNHS FIELD TRIPS ARE BACK!!!
All participants should be aware of existing guidelines and new field trip protocol listed below:
(Scheduled field trips are listed below the guidelines)
Participant responsibility agreement while attending a JBNHS field trip or outing. Please note that there will be no physical sign-in sheet until further notice. By registering, each participant acknowledges both his/her understanding and acceptance of the Individual’s Responsibilities stated below.
Individual’s Responsibilities are:
1. To stay with the group, follow trip leader’s requests, and do not separate unless you notify trip leader
2. To understand that out-of-doors activities involve hazards and that one participates at one’s own risk
3. To wear with clothing and footwear appropriate to the terrain, and for sun and insect challenges as well
4. To adhere to the ABA Birding Code of Ethics, respect and preserve the flora, fauna, and properties we visit
5. To be mindful and courteous to other participants
Additionally, we will ask that all participants:
1. Fully vaccinated participants are not required to wear a mask for JBNHS field trips
2. Unvaccinated participants are required to wear a mask and when unable to do so, must social distance.
3. Optics may be shared if those involved are comfortable with doing so
4. Carpooling is at the discretion of participants.
5. Preregistration is required for all field trips and participation may be limited.
These guidelines are subject to change if the COVID-19 mutations make more restrictions necessary.