- This event has passed.
GREAT BACKYARD BIRD COUNT ULSTER COUNTY STYLE
February 16 - February 19
LEARN MORE ABOUT ULSTER COUNTY’S AVIFAUNA ALL PRESIDENT’S WEEKEND LONG!!!
Kenco Outfitters invites all Attendees of GBBC outings and events for a complementary binocular fitting and an additional 5% Off select optics
2/16 10:00 AM KENCO OPTICS DEMO/CLINIC email Wynter Kennedy firstname.lastname@example.org
2/16 3:30 PM BACKYARD BIRDING email Mark DeDea email@example.com
2/17 8:00 AM WINTER WILDCARD BIRDING email Peter Schoenberger firstname.lastname@example.org
2/17 9:00 AM MINNEWASKA SPP BIRDING email Nick Martin email@example.com
2/17 1:00 PM KENCO OPTICS DEMO/CLINIC email Wynter Kennedy firstname.lastname@example.org
2/18 8:00 AM ESOPUS BEND NP BIRDING email Steve Chorvas email@example.com
2/18 9:00 AM KINGSTON WATERFRONT BIRDING/CHICORY NATURALIST VISIT email Wendy Tocci firstname.lastname@example.org
2/19 8:00 AM SOJOUNER TRUTH S.P. BIRDING email Mark DeDea email@example.com
2/19 8:30 AM NYQUIST-HARCOURT BIRDING email Nick Martin firstname.lastname@example.org
2/19 4:00 PM SGNWR BIRDING email Dixon Onderdonk email@example.com
Please email JBNHSinfo@jbnhs.org with questions about future programming and field trips, to receive email notifications, or to join our Ulster rare bird alert.
Visit www.birdcount.org to learn more about this global event.
The field trips of JBNHS are oriented to nature study. They are free and open to the public. We do, however, sometimes visit sites that charge admission fees, which are the responsibility of the participants. Children are very welcome on field trips, but pets are not. Although there is a brief courtesy waiting period for latecomers, the meeting times are important: please arrive in time to sign up with the leader.
JBNHS FIELD TRIPS ARE BACK!!!
All participants should be aware of existing guidelines and new field trip protocol listed below:
(Scheduled field trips are listed below the guidelines)
Participant responsibility agreement while attending a JBNHS field trip or outing. Please note that there will be no physical sign-in sheet until further notice. By registering, each participant acknowledges both his/her understanding and acceptance of the Individual’s Responsibilities stated below.
Individual’s Responsibilities are:
1. To stay with the group, follow trip leader’s requests, and do not separate unless you notify trip leader
2. To understand that out-of-doors activities involve hazards and that one participates at one’s own risk
3. To wear with clothing and footwear appropriate to the terrain, and for sun and insect challenges as well
4. To adhere to the ABA Birding Code of Ethics, respect and preserve the flora, fauna, and properties we visit
5. To be mindful and courteous to other participants
Additionally, we will ask that all participants:
1. Fully vaccinated participants are not required to wear a mask for JBNHS field trips
2. Unvaccinated participants are required to wear a mask and when unable to do so, must social distance.
3. Optics may be shared if those involved are comfortable with doing so
4. Carpooling is at the discretion of participants.
5. Preregistration is required for all field trips and participation may be limited.
These guidelines are subject to change if the COVID-19 mutations make more restrictions necessary.