OPEN DISCOVERY AT MILL BROOK PRESERVE
April 16 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Explore this preserve, the hidden gem in the heart of New Paltz, with Lynn Bowdery. We will look at and discuss whatever catches our attention as we explore the paths and waterways. At this time of year, there is a good chance of hearing and seeing American Toads and Spring Peepers calling in the beaver impoundments. Early wildflowers, birds, and insects will also be present. The footpaths might be muddy, so appropriate footwear is a must. Binoculars and magnifiers are recommended, and there might be blackflies, mosquitoes and ticks. This trip will be limited 10 participants. Please contact Lynn (email@example.com ) to reserve your place and learn where to meet. Rain
DOWNLOAD THE REFRIGERATOR READY FIELD TRIP LIST FOR 2023
The field trips of JBNHS are oriented to nature study. They are free and open to the public. We do, however, sometimes visit sites that charge admission fees, which are the responsibility of the participants. Children are very welcome on field trips, but pets are not. Although there is a brief courtesy waiting period for latecomers, the meeting times are important: please arrive in time to sign up with the leader.
JBNHS FIELD TRIPS ARE BACK!!!
All participants should be aware of existing guidelines and new field trip protocol listed below:
(Scheduled field trips are listed below the guidelines)
Participant responsibility agreement while attending a JBNHS field trip or outing. Please note that there will be no physical sign-in sheet until further notice. By registering, each participant acknowledges both his/her understanding and acceptance of the Individual’s Responsibilities stated below.
Individual’s Responsibilities are:
1. To stay with the group, follow trip leader’s requests, and do not separate unless you notify trip leader
2. To understand that out-of-doors activities involve hazards and that one participates at one’s own risk
3. To wear with clothing and footwear appropriate to the terrain, and for sun and insect challenges as well
4. To adhere to the ABA Birding Code of Ethics, respect and preserve the flora, fauna, and properties we visit
5. To be mindful and courteous to other participants
Additionally, we will ask that all participants:
1. Fully vaccinated participants are not required to wear a mask for JBNHS field trips
2. Unvaccinated participants are required to wear a mask and when unable to do so, must social distance.
3. Optics may be shared if those involved are comfortable with doing so
4. Carpooling is at the discretion of participants.
5. Preregistration is required for all field trips and participation may be limited.
These guidelines are subject to change if the COVID-19 mutations make more restrictions necessary.